Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antlers
Religion is one thing, but a relationship with the God who made you is something else entirely. There *is* a difference.

Why would you want a personal relationship with this guy:

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.

Do you have any 'original' thoughts on this matter antelope_sniper...?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins

One would expect something other than verbatim plagierism from one who has boasted about having "more developed logic and reasoning skills" than others...!

I'd come to that same conclusion long before I'd ever head of Dawkins, as I said in my original post, he just said it better then I could. I gave credit, so there is no plagiarism.

If you care to dispute the quote, let's see what you got!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell