Actually Gus, there's more to it then that. It's a tool the preachers us to keep the faithful from questioning some of the outlandish stuff in the Bible. So when someone asks why God did some immoral act the preachers can just claim, "No one knows the mind of God", or "He works in mysterious ways". It's really nothing more then a way to quell inquiry. [/quote]

well, it is a good way to put to rest the very strange notion that someone does know the mind of god. can you imagine?

what turns me off, is blaming everything bad that happens on the actions of a Great Satan (the US, Europe, or Israel?) and not on the One True Living God? I mean, let's get real. are there two Gods, a good one and a bad one? I think not. there's only one, and both good & bad things happens to both good & bad people.

I suspect God (the extraterrestrials?) created this social dynamic of breeding males & females, and then left us alone to our own devices. but, that's just my opinion, and most certainly I could be wrong.

the group needs to hold the center, and continue to discuss the various issues. thanks for your input. it's invaluable in the pursuit of the better understanding of who we are, where we are, and where we might be headed next. [/quote]

Gus, for those who believe the Christian Theology, God made Satan. Since God is all knowing, he KNEW Satan would be evil before he created him the way that he did, (he God, he could of made Satan any way he choose to), So by extension God is responsible for all the evil attributed to Satan. Since some forum believers consider Satan to be the leader of Islam, that means God is responsible for all of the evils of Islam as well.

As for your Alien theory, Hey, show me the spaceships!

[/quote]

heh, my friend, a lot of folks claim that they have seen UFO's. I don't know if they are truthful or not. I know I haven't seen any. but it does make a lot of sense to me. for one to land on the White House lawn with both CNN & Fox news reporting live would add a lot of credence.