Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antlers
Disregarding what you term a "threat", and disregarding the hereafter, a sound position is...regardless of anything else...that if one follows His teachings, one will have a better life. The 'peace that passes all understandings' fills a God shaped void in many people's lives that can't be filled by anything else.

I fail to see how my life would be any better following a fairy tale. I fail to see how that would help me believe as many true things, and as few false things as possible?
In this country, religious fundamentalist have the lowest level of education and the lowest income, and that's before they give 10% of it away. Look at all the time lost as well. What would be the next best thing you could do with this time? In economics this is called an "opportunity cost".
But, I guess some people just want the blue pill.

Some folks have found a better life just by following His teachings about love, forgiveness, judging others, hypocrisy, wealth and poverty, etc..

You don't seem content to simply discuss your views and your opinions on this subject...you put forth a lot of effort to point out how 'stupid' other folks are...folks who don't see things the same way that you do.

People are what they are, not what they 'tell' people they are. People's actions show what and who they are despite what they claim to be. If people are known by their fruits, then their 'beliefs' should identify themselves in the same way. In modern times, can you name any charitable ministry, or outreach, or any other entity designed to help others that was ever started by the Atheists...? Show us one...if you can...then compare 'that' to many hundreds of hospitals and colleges, and children’s homes, and crisis centers that were started by followers of Christ.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.