Originally Posted by SCRooster
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The difference between us and other animals is that we have an air of self-importance/superiority and entitlement.

Why, I have NO idea.

You obviously know little of the animal kingdom. I guess you've never heard of the alpha and omega order of nature.

If one believes in intelligent design let's say. Then we evolved from apes or [bleep] or whatever ... lizards, who cares.

We evolved, we learned to reason, but how? It wasn't strictly about eating more protein and enlarging our brains.

We evolved and learned to reason by developing a social pecking order. We learned to recognize members of our evolutionary species according to their individual talents. Some made fire, some hunted, some had intellectual thoughts about stars and the sky. Some learned to communicate and they were probably the first lying politicians.

If you've ever observed a pack of sled dogs for instance ... believe me, there is a pecking order and some believe they are superior to others. I've seen the same traits among chickens, cows, pigs and horses.

So don't kid yourself into believing we are unique as a species when it comes to being haughty and holier than thou.

Ask a sheep if a wolf believes it is superior to the sheep. Ask the wolf the same question.

Might making right does not honesty make.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.