Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by MojoHand

One, because it is a matter of pure 'faith' (belief without or in the face of facts) how do you regard your version as any better or 'truer' than another's?

Two, (and this is the big, important one for me) how does your 'faith' then make you a better person? Because most Religious people I've met end up using their beliefs to judge others and make themselves feel superior--sometimes 'innocently' and often maliciously.

In the end, both atheists and Christians have the same evidence for God/gods...none. The Christian chooses to believe anyway and tries to convince you it's fact. The atheists chooses no belief and doesn't try to convince you of anything.

Who's more honest?"

So, if a Christian has faith and tries to tell you about it, are they being dishonest? Or is it only when they try to convince you of it are they being dishonest.

Does it mean that when you start up the discussion about Christianity being dishonest, whereby you pretty much prompt people to argue why they believe, subsequently you classify them as trying to convince you of their position, and further you classify them, by your logic, as being dishonest, that in the long run, you're just being a disingenuous troll?

Circular arguments go both ways.

No bullshit.

By the way, faith doesn't make me better. It just makes me, me.

If for some reason you feel that faith makes a person better - that's your problem?

As for the rest of your innuendo, i.e. "Because most Religious people I've met end up using their beliefs to judge others and make themselves feel superior--sometimes 'innocently' and often maliciously.", sorry you met those folks. It's obvious that they guide your opinion. Kind of sad really.

What's more honest, to say "I don't know", or to make up an answer when you have a total lack of evidence, or an answer that fly's in the face of the evidence, because of your "faith" in a magic friend?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell