Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by efw
Ummm... Re-Read your post and then tell me you're not making an argument which puts you as an atheist 'in' (open minded and free of discriminatory bias) and religious folk 'out'.

Creation of in & out groups is a people thing sir; not religious.

Of course I constantly discriminate against green lights by driving right by them, vs red which I stop & stare at.

Ps- you do know that one of the most murdereous ideologies of the 20th century (Communism) was decidedly atheistic?

Stalin was Russian Orthodox.

Do not conflate communism with atheism. By definition, all communist are supposed to be atheist, but not all atheist are communist. In addition, as I've mentioned before, it's possible to make a good case that Marxism is a religion, as are other cults of personality.

Do not conflate being baptized into a church with being a Christian. There are many baptized atheists, Stalin among them. The system of Communism is avowed in its atheism. Seems more honest to say that your original assertion is a generalization based upon your observations of history than to redefine historic facts to suit?

And you failed to address the most fundamental flaw in your assertion which I demonstrated clearly. The assertion itself drew in & out lines.

Again, it's a human thing not religious. We find all kinds of reasons to exclude and annihilate others. Religion is just one.