Originally Posted by curdog4570
"As for your claims of an undetectable supernatural, as I've also pointed out in the past, doesn't that have the same practical implication of it not existing at all?"

I never have said a Supernatural Creator was undetectable.

In fact, over the years, MY mantra has been, and remains :

"A God incapable of revealing Himself to me is of no use to me."

A little Priest said it best centuries ago:" He is within YOU...Look not for Him elsewhere."

You'd brand me an idiot if I denied the existence of dinosaurs because I couldn't find any strange bones in my backyard.

Yet you deny the existence of a Creator/God because you can't find Him in the only place you are willing to look.

Curdog, your dinosaur analogy is invalid. I would expect you to examine all of the available evidence before making a decision regarding your belief in the existence of dinosaurs. Perhaps a better analogy would be if I was trying to convince you that dinosaurs use to exist, but I was unable to provide a single example of a single dino fossil anywhere on earth, then perhaps you would be foolish for believing me, despite my lack of evidence.

You claim your God exists, but I don't see any evidence for him anywhere. Not one bone, anywhere.

As for who's examined the subject more deeply, I suspect I've studies it more deeply then you, but that no surprise, according to studies, on average atheist know more about religion then believers, and that's why they are atheist.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell