Originally Posted by 4ager

Might making right does not honesty make.

Posted like a true liberal progressive atheist.

The Internet is teaming with dishonest people hiding behind the guise of anonymity ... posting behind usernames accompanied by avatars and preaching our own special brand of religion.

It is the religion of hubris.

As a religious person who considers myself a Christian (even though my wife would argue that claim at times) I am at least honest enough to accept the need for anonymity in today's world, in some cases ... while often times wishing those who violate the rules of basic human decency be exposed for who, and what, they are.

Yet somehow free speech has been convoluted into being confused with the right to say and do anything while hiding behind the anonymity of the Internet ... even encouraged.

Anyone on the Internet taking a holier than thou position on honesty ... my bet is that they are usually the biggest liars IRL. Oh, and I've been witnessing the devolution of the Internet and its users since the old usenet days ... we've yet to bottom out.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.