Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

4ager, go back and read RWE's posts on this thread. Read them carefully, and then you will understand.

As a stated in the "Jesus Picture" thread, I have no reason to doubt the mans character, but some of his posts on this thread were a little wonky.

Wonky? this from the self proclaimed 'great debater' who's debating style is projectionism and logical fallacy.

Kent

Ol Antelope is a believer in the making, or at least I hope so. I give him a hard time, although I shouldn't. He just can't see the forest for the trees. wink

Come on Wilkes. Give us a good logical argument.

I would hope you have one in there someplace.

Can't you look around and see what has been created? Do you think that all of this is coincidence? Isn't the miracle of life enough to believe in a higher power? Step out on faith and can the logic for a while. This could be compelling for you. I hope you do, and if so, I hope it works.

Wilkes,

I love the outdoors and all it has to offer. However, when I enjoy the outdoors, or examine the night sky through a spotting scope, EVERYTHING I see can be explained by natural means without the need to invoke a creator. In general, this argument, depending on how it is made, falls under one of two fallacies, either the Argument from Ignorance, or the Argument from personal Incredulity.

Our world is amazing, wonderful and complex, but we can explain it all without invoking a creator.

BTW, thank-you for stepping up and putting forth an argument. It's a real improvement over your previous posts.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/27/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell