Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Originally Posted by curdog4570

"The burden of proof and need to convince lies squarely on those making supernatural propositions...proof which has not been forthcoming (obviously)."

My formal education was very limited, so maybe you can enlighten me on what you just said.

If a proposition COULD be proven, it would no longer qualify as "supernatural", would it?

Put in a more direct way...... ain't you FOS in this instance?

Thank you for making my original point! laugh

You lack proof so you MUST by default resort to the 'supernatural' all the while failing to prove the supernatural exists! You then attribute that which you can't prove to the supernatural all the while asserting that it is YOUR version of the unproven supernatural that is the correct one!

I can't believe that so many can't grasp this simple point. It's circular reasoning at its 'finest'.

Mister.... you declined to answer my simple question.

And THAT is a fact.

Just like A.S......... posting a bunch of words that have not one damn thing to do with my question.

And, what exactly, was your question?

The proven does not equal supernatural one or the FOS statement?

You have a major short in your logical faculties.

If you want to talk Level of Schitty fullness lets briefly unpack your erroneous suppositions. Beware, it will be a lot of words and you probably won't understand that they have everything to do with your question....

If you and your religious ilk could but provide the objective proof for your assertions then, yes, it would still be supernatural. You would have proven that something exists beyond our physical world. To put it in the simplest possible terms for you to grasp..if you could prove the existence of the supernatural it would still be the supernatural. That's true whether you could prove it somehow physically or logically..but you can't.

Now, I strongly suspect you are using the term 'supernatural' as a scapegoat for everything you can't prove. A convenient wall to hide behind that allows you to make any proposition and claim it doesn't need proof because it can't be proved. Convenient. Many a psychic, medium, charlatan and what-not use the exact same trick. (In a phony stage voice..."you must believe first then you will see the truth!)

Also, are you suggesting in your 'question' that any proposition that hasn't been proved must be explained by the supernatural? Science would beg to differ...

just because you don't know how the trick is done...doesn't make it magic.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...