Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by curdog4570

O K..... with regard to your clarified question:

I claim that a man who keeps his mind open to a "self revealing supernatural power" is more intellectually honest than a man who closes his mind to the possibility of such a supernatural power.

"God in the Dock" by C.S. Lewis is the best essay on this subject that I've found.

Just as a man who keeps his mind open to "No supernatural power existing' is more intellectually honest than a man who closes his mind to the possibility that God doesn't exist?

You evidently skipped over the "self revealing..... " aspect of my description of a supernatural power.

Look at it this way..... At one point in time I was ignorant of the existence of a guy named Scott.

Then, I became pretty sure a guy named Scott existed because I read his posts on this forum.

Then he showed up to go hunting, and I became CONVINCED of his existence.

I can stay open to Scott revealing more about himself, good and bad, but to remain open minded on the question of Scott's existence would be beyond stupidity.

BTW.... God's revelation to me was even more convincing than yours.

Evidently, and so was Pauls Id say. wink

Hard ground, etc, I'd say.

Last edited by eyeball; 08/28/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.