Originally Posted by jdm953
Hello SB,this predates the campfire by thousands of years.AS may not want me to but I like him.A thinking person is much preferred to so many of the mindless people I run into.So many really smart people have made science their God.I understand.Where the problem comes in is getting them to think about how the science they use to explain universe is the product of the event that created us.It can never be used to explain it.The physics that scientist use to explain the universe around us falls apart the closer you get to the event.The event created the physics and didnt exist before.Its a fools mission.We need to learn about whats around us.Im glad we have scientist.They are saying the universe around us came into being by the physics that didnt exist before or during the event.
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Same old $hit different thread. It's kinda like a car wreck, you don't want to look but you do anyway and wish you hadent. Pointless incoherent babble...

your point is very well taken. might be a few olden Hindu's that disagree, because their version says that the universe always was, and has no beginning.

nevertheless, your point is why I sometimes like to interject that we don't know where we came from, don't know where we are, and most certainly don't know where we're going next. it tends to upset folks that have their lives confined to a well described box. but for those outside the box, it fits nearly perfectly.