Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by TF49

The evidence leads me to believe in a Creator.

TF

Well and good.

Still remains the question of where your Creator was sourced from. No?

Steelhead asked this question earlier but I did not see where any theist had come forth with any plausible response.

The question is, for lack of a better phrase, wrong-headed.

The reason. The question could be phrased, "You believe a Creator (God) created you. Who created the Creator (God)?

If the above is a legitimate question, the question could also be rephrased. "You believe that the universe created you. Who created the universe?"

The question becomes a circular argument (or more apply put) an "I-got-you" question for those who do not want to believe in a Creator who has always been. Yet many of the same people are perfectly willing to accept that whatever material it was that created our universe...and us...has always been.

The presumption of a who prejudices the question. A more neutral way to ask it would be "how did the Universe/Creator come into existence", since it does not presuppose an intelligent agency.

As for the empty space and resulting mass behind the universe from nothing, nothing requires me to believe it existed in that preexisting state for all of eternity. When you think about it, if empty space is unstable, that idea would be inconsistent with the principles behind the Universe from Nothing. At this point, it appears that is another question to be studies by science.

As for the Theist claim that God always existed, it's just another undemonstrated assertion.

As for the atheist supposition that empty space is unstable, it is just another undemonstrated assertion.

AS, in the interest of enjoying the Holiday Weekend, please allow me to interject an attempt at humor into the last part of your statement..."it appears that is another question to be studied by science."

To quote one of our most infamous presidents, "That depends on what your definition of is...is. grin

I do sincerely wish for everyone who has labored on the topic, a most enjoyable and satisfying holiday.

I personally feel the need to disengage and enjoy my family.

All the best to you and yours,
GB

GB, go grill yourself a big fat steak.

As I've mentioned before, at this point Krauss's idea is a hypothesis, not a theory, If we'd demonstrated all the various points we'd be discussing the Theory of a Universe from Nothing, however, at this point we are not.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell