Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antlers
Faith is required for either Christisnity 'or' Atheism. If one chooses to believe that this incredible universe came together on its own, without any Divine input, well 'that' requires a whole lot more faith than some Christian believers can come up with. Put another way...lotsa folks don't have enough 'faith' to be an Atheist.

You are just wrong.
Following the evidence requires no faith at all.
If you can say that, you don't understand the nature of logic, reason, and evidence.

Please provide the 'evidence' that the universe came into bring on it's own, without any Divine input. Please provide the 'evidence' that prior to the Big Bang...when vast amounts of matter were contained in a very small space...that 'that' was just there on its own, without any Divine input.

Let me show you how silly your proposition is.
Prove it wasn't fairies, or a pink unicorn, Russel's tea pot, or a magical ham sandwich that created the Universe.

I'm not taking your burden of proof. If you want to prove the Universe is the result of a god, be my guest, present your evidence. In over 700 posts, the most any theist has yet to come up with is "look out side". I doubt you will do any better.

Currently we have models that explain the origins of the universe to within 10^-43 seconds after the beginning of the event. We even have hypothetical models we are working on the explain the beginning of the event. If you want to learn about one of the current leading models, here's a good place to start:

A Universe from Nothing.

Furthermore, even if you could dis-prove all of current cosmology, you would still have all your work in front of you, because that you do nothing to prove you proposition of a divine creator, and you would have even more work ahead of you if you were to attempt to connect him to the Christian religion.

I may now know what happened at 10^-44 seconds after the beginning of the event, but that in no way justifies your claim that your magic friend did it.

Oh boy, the "Universe from Nothing" nonsense again.

I encourage all reading this to see this:

https://vimeo.com/46564204

TF

Where did God come from?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"