Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Originally Posted by BFD
Originally Posted by BarryC
Putin and Hillary are great examples of living by Atheist values.

And then you have the Timothy McVeighs and Terry Nichols of the world.

... and ISIS, Al Qaeda, Jim Jones, Saul Alinsky, Lenin, Marx, Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Attila, et al.

What's your point?

You're going to cite The Crusades next I suppose?

Historically speaking, who has been perpetrated more mass genocide on this planet than any others ... I mean if we're talking sheer numbers?

Religious people ... or non religious people?

And what were the first steps to those non-religious people, those non-believers, the atheists ... what were their first steps undertaken before the mass genocides were perpetrated upon the people?

As I mentioned before, Hitler was a Catholic, Stalin was a seminary student and head of the Russian Orthodox Church. Hirohito was worshiped as a god in Japan. The Rwanda Genocide was the work of Catholics. The Kosovo genocide was done by Orthodox Serbs. The 1915-1923 Armenian, massacre, and the Assyrian and Greek massacres were carried out by Muslims, All of your central African genocides were committed by religious people of one flavor or another, either Christian of Muslim. Technically all Marxist are supposed to be atheist, but does not Marxism itself resemble a religion with people still pilgrimaging to worship at the tomb of Lennin?

If you want good people to do bad things, that takes religion.

So, maybe this goes off into a different direction? You state that Hitler was a Catholic. Do you think that makes him a Christian?

I can call myself an ex NBA player but that does not make me one.

Also, there is plenty of evil done in this world done without seeing "religion" as an excuse.

TF

Are you claiming Catholics are not Christian?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell