Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by TF49
In response to an AS comment, GB posted:

This is a prime example of dishonesty. Misrepresenting something for what I perceive as an addiction to debate.

Yep, his desire to discredit seems to override his scholarly ability.

He will read a passage and allow his desire to discredit or debate or ???? to enter and cause him to spew nonsense.

Someone posted that AS has quite a bit of Bible knowledge. Nope, that is not the case at all. He has an internet search engine but cannot make sense of what he reads.

Lot's case is very interesting. There is no doubt he did sinful acts but as he is mentioned in the NT as righteous, I would assume he repented and turned his life around.

King David is similar. He was guilty of murder and yet a man after God's own heart. How can that be explained if not for David's response of repentance and God's patient love and forgiveness?

In many ways, I resemble them both.

God is not bound by time. He could look at Lot and see his future and see that he would in the future turn from sin in his future. Maybe that is what happened. God can look at me and see my future.

He can also see the future for AS.

TF

I disagree. I think AS is very knowledgeable of the scriptures. He is knowingly misreprsenting them. I have found that the more aggressive athiests are less honest then others.

As is the case with the more aggressive religious. Lott committed an egregious sin with his daughters.

THANK-YOU.

You admit it was an egregious sin. That differentiates you from the Christians who will not, because yours in the more honest position.

When the Bible gives accounts of the sin of its characters, that in no way is the same as condoning that sin.

In fairness, I think that even you and I can agree on that point.

That depends. If the Bible specifically declares the character just and righteous, as in the case of Lott and David (except the one specific instance where God stated his disagreed with David), then yes the Bible is condoning those evil acts. On the other hand, if the Bible does not declare the character just, or condone the act, then it should not be viewed as such.

AS,

Well, you can state your opinion and you may truly believe the bible is condoning those evil acts but that is pure drivel.

You care not for the honest reading of the verses and I conclude you are less for it.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”