Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Show me a good action that can be taken by a Christian, that cannot be taken by an Atheist."

Maybe bringing comfort to the dying by affirming the existence of a kind and merciful God?

So you consider lying to be a good action?

An Atheist can still bring comfort to a dying person. We just might employ a different approach.

But the Christian would not be lying. Even you must admit that a God MAY exist, or you will have abandoned your precious science.

And how would YOU comfort a dying man?

Maybe..... "Well, Pard, you're gonna make some purty dirt."

Russel's tea pot in theory could exist, but that doesn't mean there is any good reason to believe it does. One of the things Russel's tea pot has in common with the Bible is we have good evidence regarding who made them up and when which goes a long way to discrediting their proposed existence. Just because you can define something in a way that makes it possible to exist, does not in and of it self make it reasonable to believe in it.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the concept the the Null Hypothesis and how non-acceptance of a hypothesis is the default position until the evidence indicated other wise.

If you believed in everything just because it was by definition possible, you would have to believe in everything on my earlier list of non-beliefs. I imagine you don't extend that same courtesy to any other supernatural claim except your God, which means you are just engaging in another case of special pleading.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell