Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Originally Posted by MojoHand
An honest man needs nor is defined by religion or not; he is simply honest regardless of faith or lack thereof.

Sean,

Let me skip ahead to reply to your post.

The question wasn't about general honesty..it was about honesty regarding faith vis-a-vis the facts.

In fact, you make a good point against many Christian claims that morality and ethics cannot exist apart from their version of religion/God.

Faith needs not facts, and facts need not faith. They are not mutually exclusive, nor are they mutually required. An honest person is honest; one that is not, will not be regardless of faith or the lack thereof.

So if a person tries to claim they have proof of their 'faith' (which is patently dishonest) you would say they are an all around disingenuous person?

No. I've no more right/privilege to judge the "proof" of their faith than they do mine or anyone else's. Therein lies the rub, does it not?

Judge by the actions and deeds, not the claims.

We judge all kinds of claims made everyday. There is no reason not to use your reason to evaluate the validity of a claim just because some says it is based on "Faith".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell