MH posted:

TF,

Could you get together with some of the other believers on is thread and 'synch' up your stories?

You claim to see evidence and believe while others state only by believing first will the 'truth' be revealed.

Be nice to know which group is being, ahem, dishonest?

Thanks!

MH,

Well, no I won’t be synching with the other believers but your question seems appropriate so I will post some thoughts.

The evidence of God is as I have stated. One can call it proof or one can call it evidence. Does one believe the evidence or not? Does one accept the evidence or not. Simple really.

The other matter you bring up is a fascinating subject. Satan “believes” in the existence of God. I expect that Judas did also. There can be little doubt that King Saul “believed” in God. Yet, these mentioned were clearly not followers of God nor were they worshipers nor were they seeing God as their “lord” if you will.

So, a simple and even correct view that “God exists” is not enough. Satan and the fallen angels “believe.” The issue is whether or not one is known by God and is a follower of God and is “born of the spirit.”

If one “seeks” God, he will find. It is the seeking and the responding to the call of the Holy Spirit that transforms one from a simple “believer in the existence of God” to one is a follower of Jesus. In a simplistic way, it seems that God wants to us to choose Him within the freedoms of our will. He wants willing followers, those that seek Him. Those who seek will find.

It seems that if one is antagonistic toward the idea of god or the idea of the Savior that they are blinded and cannot understand or see what is on the pages of the Bible. This does not mean they cannot find Jesus. Paul was antagonistic but was summoned by Jesus on the Damascus road.

It does seem that the Word of God, the Bible is better understood through the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit. If one is not enlightened by the Holy Spirit, there seems to be a limit to understanding. Note there are those on this forum who believe the bible condones murder and incest. Bible wise??? Not.

I don’t know how to address the idea that some here are “honest” or not. May be semantics and it may be that some have a hard held bias that prevents them from seeing the truth in anything different from what they want to believe.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”