Originally Posted by 4ager
An honest man needs nor is defined by religion or not; he is simply honest regardless of faith or lack thereof.

Honestly is relative. There is no shortage of hypocrites, be they Aetheists or Christians or Buddists or booger eaters. Mendacity is a common malady among our species - some just do it better, or worse, than others. Others still, they justify it for cause or reason.

Honesty has nothing to do with religion but I always get a kick out of the so-called intellectual atheist argument that religion dogma cannot be proved.

Neither can it be proved that there is no higher power or being.

Yet they radical atheist will argue until he or she is blue in the face that his anti-religion religion is superior to those with faith in a higher authority.

That's normally where I just lulz at the atheist and grab some popcorn and sit back and watch the show.

Doing right, doing good ... it's not about religion. Encouraging others to do the same, turning the other cheek, having faith in an unseen guiding entity ... that IS about religion.

In today's world it is much tougher to be one than the other.

I find most atheists to be cowards in real life. Most, not all. I know a few.

Atheists, especially the many radicals who practice that particular religion out there these days ... they feel intellectually superior to Christians, and the militant atheists want war against the Christians ... but they are terrified to speak out against Islam.

Is that honesty within the atheists? Of course not ... it is the epitome of mendacity.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.