Originally Posted by curdog4570
"The important lesson here is I FOLLOWED THE EVIDENCE. When the evidence demonstrated that my presupposed idea was wrong, I followed the evidence, even though that was not the road I'd figured I would travel."

So........ once you "debunked" the Bible, you had enough evidence to convince you that the "burden of proof" shifted to the Creator of all that is?

Did you also "debunk" the Vedas and Upanishads of the Hindu religion?

Sounds as if you engaged in pseudo science to arrive at a conclusion which makes YOUR intellect the most powerful force in the Universe.

Here's an oxymoron for you:

Humble Atheist.

I studies the Bible carefully and found no evidence to supports it's god model. Yes, I've taken classes in comparative religion, and philosophy that covered the Hindu and Buddhist religions (among others), and see no evidence for their supernatural claims either.

As for your asserting that mine intelligence is the most powerful force in the universe, I'm flattered that you would think that about me, but I've never made such a claim. I just see no evidence to support your claim that the God that you believe is the most powerful intellect in the universe actually exist. I cannot put myself above something that does not exist, BECAUSE THERE IS NO EVIDENCE IT EXISTS.

If you have any evidence, lets here it, but I know you don't have any because we've had these conversations before.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell