Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
As for your comments on infinity, the Universe has not existed for an infinite amount of time, but a finite 13.8 billion years. In addition, the universe is expanding, so it's finite in size. The total energy of the universe also continues to decrease as we move toward "heat death", so again, we will not have equal conditions for an infinite amount of time, so your whole infinity argument is void.

I find it interesting how you propose that God, your idea of the most complex intelligence in the universe could have EVOLVED, but we are so complex that we could not have evolved? This is a simple case of "special pleading".

I did not propose that at all (concerning God), but nice try.

What existed before that 13.8 billion years? And, what exists at the boundary of it all, given it's finite?

Before the 13.8 billion, WE DON'T KNOW. There are some idea's out there, but nothing that's been elevated to the level of a Scientific Theory.

What I will tell you, is that if and when someone does figure it out, it will be a Scientist, not a Theologian.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell