Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Shodd

The only "force" I'm using is the force of reason.

Here is something to reason on........

It would seem that any Man who is wise would intelligently reason that there is a fair amount of evidence pointing to a possibility of a God.

A wise and Just God would provide sufficient evidence to at least warrant investigation.

A wise and Just God would also provide validation apon investigation.

The possibility of our oweing our existence to a creator in light of a fair amount of evidence would at least seem to warrant investigating just out of the possibility that a good man may be entitled to show gratitude for ones life.

It would also seem fittingly Just that if one is not inclined to seek the possibility of gratitude that may be owed in light of the fact there is so much evidence!!!! Perhaps God could rightously and justly not include such ones in a Kingdom to which they have shown no interest.

Shod

Do you really believe I haven't investigated this?

We have evidence of Ceremonial Burial 100k years ago, organized religions 40k years ago, and priesthoods since at least the beginning of towns and cities 10k years ago.
uif
So if there is a singular god, he's had 40,000 years to get out his unified message, and bring all of humanity under his loving umbrella. If there was one god, and he had all that time, we would expect he could at least transmit his unified message to the whole of humanity.

But we don't see that. Instead we see what we would expect if religion is man made, i.e. Many regional religions, and great fragmentation and many different sects among the various religions. There's no unity, no unified message, but many local religions, many of which claim their practitioners are a chose people with special rights to kill, rape, murder, and enslave all who hold beliefs different them their own. This is what we would expect from man made, not god made religions.

I'll play athiest. I don't accept your evidence. Therefore you have none.[/quote]

You have the burden of proof, and no, I will not take it from you.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell