Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by CCCC
Antelope Sniper, I know nothing of your worries but, particularly if you are an atheist, it is refreshing and even invigorating to see your above statement. Interesting that an atheist would be compelled to tell a Christian, maybe with some authority in his/her voice, that the Christian has a lot to worry about.

It is refreshing and even invigorating to be reminded that I have no worries with regard to eternity and that there is nothing to be feared in this life on earth. No human mind/voice - no matter how presumptuously assertive - can affect that.

Such peaceful freedom is precious beyond explanation. One of my hopes and wishes is that many others will seek, find and experience.

What if you are wrong? (Shodd also asked the same)

Of course, there are instances wherein I have come up with a wrong answer or poor judgment. On this particular matter I have done a fulsome search, seeking understanding and answers for what - to me - are the seminal matters/issues pertaining to a human life. Along the way it has become clear that one simply cannot depend or rest upon the reasonings, calculations and proclamations of other humans on such important stuff. (If that seems odd, simply re-read this thread.)

I have sought and found, asked and received, knocked and been welcomed in. Having been told that few will find this way, my earlier expressed wish includes many loved ones and many others. You did not ask how one gains such peace and freedom nor did you seek any understanding of the quest. Your question was very limited and simply consequential - "what if you are wrong" - so my reply is similarly limited.

I do not profess to know the answer to your personal question, in part because the nature of the alternative is very broad (beyond my human scope) and in part because I have no way to know the focus or scope of your "what if ?" It might be interesting to know a person's version of such an answer, but now it is of no consequence in my case. I also think that you do not know the answer to your "what if" question.

Right or wrong, a person in my chosen circumstance will have enjoyed a large measure of peace and freedom as a human being and will have been able to live with unbounded hope and glorious expectations for eternity. That seems to be fairly good when compared with the way others appear to be living as humans, and in consideration of their eternal expectations. Color me grateful.

Now, what do you think will be my lot if I am wrong? And, what will be your lot?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron