Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by smokepole
Thank you. What do you know about these particular pheasants, and the impact of my dog occasionally chasing one? Let me answer for you: not a damn thing.

PS, I made a post over on the hunting rifles forum, and you haven't commented on it yet. Better hustle on over there, I might have said something you can be offended by. That seems to be something you're good at, getting offended.

"Jackson Handy, Wildlife Cop." That come with aat plastic whistle?

As an upland hunter with two britts, i dont know one dipshit that actively runs their dogs on wild birds this late in the spring. But what do i know....

In fact many states have laws against such activities. But go forth and harass.

P.s. im not a bha member, i dont get offended over forum posts. Stop your psychological projection...

LOL, coming from someone who want to call others "self-righteous," this is hilarious.

Jackson, you still don't know anyone who "actively runs their dogs on wild birds this late in the spring" so quit making stuff up. I know it's difficult for you to stick to facts but give a try, you might like it.

I rarely take the dog out after these pheasants because he has no eyes and it's hard for him to avoid the cactus and sagebrush. The other day was the first time (and only time) he's flushed a bird this spring. And as I said earlier, hens lose their scent on the nest, and this bird was a rooster. So stop your whining, no one and nothing was hurt.

Another thing you should know about these birds is that it's illegal to hunt where they're found and anywhere within miles of their location. Pheasant are non-native and they were introduced for one purpose--hunting. These will never be hunted nor will their offspring be hunted so a 12 year-old blind dog chasing one on occasion is harming absolutely nothing. The place where they live is over-populated with coyotes so the thought that a 12 year-old blind golden retriever will affect their population is ludicrous at best, you're really reaching but no surprise there. You're sole puprpose here is to stir up schit, so nothing's off the table I suppose.

As far as being illegal, so is letting the dog off-leash but I do that regularly too, so he can swim in the lake. You should call the Colorado 1-800 hotline and turn me in. Or maybe not. I've been contacted numerous times at this same location by CP&W employees with the dog off leash and never gotten even a stern talking to.

Because only a true a**hole would make a big deal about a harmless old blind dog having a little fun.

Last, your comment about BHA is telling. What does BHA have to do with this? Oh yeah, I forgot. Tashing BHA is the only reason you're posting on the backpack forum. Good job.

Very nice attempt to explain away your harassment of wildlife. If this makes you happy good for you, its still not right. But thats liberals for you....do as i say, not as i do.