Originally Posted by smokepole
What, no surf casting?

Man, I'll tell you what... it was indeed a "perchy" beach (as opposed to rocky cliffs) where we tried to get the hike in before aborting... that was some intimidating bleep to even be that close to. The ocean itself felt predatory, like it was gonna reach and take ya... Combined with the wind literally driving the water through our supposedly waterproof outer layers (rubberized would've been the way to go) it got untenable fast. I was trying to imagine what the various fishes I've targeted- such as surf perch- would be doing in those conditions. For some it's probably a great thing as it certainly wreaked havoc of the kelp and one would presume it was a Very Bad Day for the various sand worms and burrowing sand crabs (both of which the perch eat)... but wow, that was some crazy water out there. Quite the spectacle. After, at Depoe (rocky cliffs) we got drenched by spray while on the sidewalk next to highway 101! In other words it was hitting CARS... the highway must be 60 feet above the sea. Crazy.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!