Good eye! No..... that [bleep] just broke. Okuma SST; nice graphite rod. Weird. Either it was just defective or else maybe it got pinched in the frame of the (folding) passenger seat?! The rod storage holders do put the rod tips up in that general area, though we are aware & careful about that.

I need a bigger boat, maaaan! smile

Caught the fish on my backup rod, which I only brought yesterday to have another rod rigged up in case of massive tangles. The rig we are using- a spreader, big flasher, 8-12 oz cannonball (depending on tidal current) hanging down, then a cut herring behind all that- can form the MOTHER of all tangles if a swivel fails to swivel for some reason. Remember as a kid how the rubber band on a balsa wood airplane would knot, then double-knot, as you wound up the prop? I've seen 6 feet of 40-lb test leader reduced to about 4" of knots like that. Amazing actually.

ETA: now that I look.... the other rod you see rigged in the pic is so when I get bored I can cast towards the jetty for rockfish. Caught 3-4 last time doing that. They are amazing in tacos. smile

We also got around 10 crabs yesterday. Then watched the TNF game at a bar near the port after we pulled out and cleaned the catch. It's becoming a Thursday tradition- and it rocks!

Last edited by Jeff_O; 09/28/18.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!