Mike,

Hope the wife feels better soon. That looks like a tough trip.

Another 10 miles today.
6 miles of some of the nastiest post-holing I have ever encountered with Gunr and Deb. Gunr, our almost 11 year old Yellow Lab is the most amazing dog ever. He has more heart than any creature or person I have ever known.
He was diagnosed with severe hip displasia at 6 months old and yet he managed fine until eight years when he had a bilateral FHO (the heads of the femur were essentially sawed off to eliminate the bone on bone contact). A lengthy recovery but he was like a new dog. Now almost 11, he also has a knee that give him some trouble but on this misery trek today he just kept going. At one point when the drifted snow was so tough Deb suggested rigging a sling under his belly to help support him. I could hardly keep up with him with this assistance. He would not stop on his own. We stopped several times and made him lay down for a couple minutes to recover.
We got home, gave him some meds and yet as I grabbed Onyx's harness to take him up the mountain. Gunr got right up and with his tail wagging, he wanted to go again.
Onyx and my 4 miles was a good climb but with decent conditions

I actually saw some mud as well. Thought about googling it to see if I remembered correctly. It warmed enough today that I was able to chop out the ice around my BBQ where the paver stones had absorbed some heat from the sun. The ice I chopped out measured 6.5" thick.

Ed T