Won't clog our thread but here she is back at the dock. I think I'm about done upgrading this boat- I think she's in good overall trim other than upgrading to 4-stroke motors. My motors run awesome- love me some Japanese machinery- but the exhaust fumes from them can be a bit much on an ocean "drift". Basically you find underwater structure on the FF, figure out the drift angle from the wind and currents, and set up drifts over the structure. The boat will go bow-first into the drift. So, the wind is from behind and the fumes can pool in the cockpit area. I was having some issues with seasickness and the fumes compounded it greatly. I'm kind of a pussy out there and leave the motor idling on the drift so we can have instant steerage if there's a big rogue swell or something I need to point the bow into.

BUT.... to dupe that wonderful Suzuki 40-hp in a 4-stroke would be, gosh, $6k or so. And it'd be a lot heavier. That pulls the stern down, and one technique on a drift is to "back-troll", which means put the motor in reverse and push the stern of the boat against the drift. That can make swells or wind chop waves come over the transom, and that's........ not good. So keeping weight off the stern on a little boat like mine is important.

Enough boat gakk.... haha.... sorry guys.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!