Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by HoosierHawk
Any F-16s they might get over the next five years are going to have avionics vastly inferrior to the Russian Su-35's IRBIS-E phased array radar.

If a Ukraine-piloted F-16 fighter group is ever deployed (I have my doubts that will actually come to pass), they better hope to not run into any Russian Su-35s. They will be down before they're even aware the Russians are in the air.
NATO countries will supply the pilots just as did Russia in 1967 for the Arab MIGs

No NATO pilot would volunteer for Thant suicide mission. NATO pilots are used to bombing defenseless unarmed women and children and civilians in third world impoverished countries with no militaries, no air forces , no air defense systems.

It would be a slaughter and very bad optics. Like our outdated military equipment in Ukraine now
I hope you are right. I suspect NATO, in particular the USA is already in Ukraine analyzing intel and advising on strategy. Biden is promoting U.S. entry into this conflict way worse than FDR ever did in his day. There will be some pretext for U.S. troops to go into Ukraine proper and then a call for war with Russia when some of them get killed.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer