Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The left seems to predicate their absolute belief in a Ukrainian victory on the fact that Russia still has not captured Kiev. Imagine if Kiev was never the goal but merely a feint at the outset that didn’t work….except to fool the retards who, after a year and a half, are still unblinkingly staring at Kiev waiting for something to happen while the country burns and crumbles around them.

They fall to acknowledge their first mistake in all of this and have instead built the foundation of their argument in support of this clustefuck on the false belief that Russia couldn’t “take” Kiev….they continue to then reinforce the bullshit notion that Ukraine must be winning since Kiev hasn’t been captured…that’s blossomed into the ridiculous idea that the Ukrainian conscript is the “finest soldier in the world” 😂😂. If you exclude the drunken rapists, drunken criminals and drunken black market profiteers there might be a few decent soldiers there.
The only disagreement I have is, I think the feint to Kiev did work. Its purpose I believe, was to draw troops away from the east, so the Russians could destroy the Ukraine army in detail.

P.s. Like everyone else here, I haven't participated in any Russian military strategy meetings. So the above is just my speculation.

yes, it was fake to take Kiev........said Putin puppet.

let us see, the VDV lost 25 - 30% of men of taking Hostomel airport. by the hunderds of BMP's, BTR'S, tanks, trucks and others lay dead on the road to Kiev, the number of dead is guesstimated heavy, this is from 30,000 Russian soldiers who battled for Kiev. the Russians went on fighting till April 2, 2022, then they abandoned Kiev, Chernihiv and Sumy Oblasts. instead of taking Kiev, the Russians decided to battle eastern offensive. then the Ukrainians' did a Thunder Run and retook Kharkiv and the Russian decided to give up Kherson. but they (or rather Wagner Forces) Bakhmut. yes they did, but at a cost of horrible casualties and it did nothing to stop the war.

Russian uses men with no training or equipment. the "tanks" are outdated, including the T90. it is just an upgraded T72. i'm giving the Russians credit for upgraded, if you take the 1990s as upgraded. the Armata tank, if it does what it is said to do, is a great tank, but from what i've seen, the Armata is a piece of junk. they have a company or two of Armatas. Su57 is a joke. 5 gen aircraft makes me laugh. i'll give a 4th gen, but a 3rd gen is it.

Ukraine has the ability to train and equipped the troops, thanks to NATO. Ukraine is netting 6000 troops per month on basic training in Europe, mostly Great Britian, which is a 12 week course. on record, the basic training is 60,000 troops that are in the war.

the Soviet Union used to be considered a great army. the US would have our butts kicked until the 1980s. then Regan turned it around to make the US a superpower. Russia is not a superpower, they are a 3rd rate nation with nukes and that's debatable.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".