more russkies troops going into the meat grinder? i wonder what the ukraines' will make? sausage, kielbasa, bratwurst....mmmmmm i'm getting hungry now!!!! wink

https://thenationalpulse.com/2024/04/01/putin-calls-up-150000-for-military-service/

Putin Calls Up 150,000 for Military Service.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has issued a directive for the regular spring conscription, ordering 150,000 citizens into military service, according to a document published on the Kremlin’s website on March 31. Every Russian man aged 18 or older must commit to a year of military service or undergo equivalent training during their higher education program.This comes after Russia extended the age limit for conscription from 27 to 30 in July. The new law took effect on January 1, 2024. Even though conscription is still a contentious issue in Russia, it continues to be executed twice a year. With Russia’s war with Ukraine raging, 130,000 were called to service in the autumn conscription campaign and 147,000 last spring.

The latest conscription decree comes as Russia appears to be stepping up its efforts in Ukraine. Eastern Ukraine regions have seen a rise in casualties due to Russian strikes, with the city of Kharkiv being heavily targeted. Strikes also affected Lviv, a region far from the front lines where rescue operations are ongoing after cruise missile hits. Russia’s Belgorod region suffered casualties due to alleged Ukrainian shelling.Independent verification of these military movements from either party has not been ascertained. These developments have sparked further international concern around the escalating tensions and impact on civilians living in these regions. Also adding to fears of the conflict’s escalation are the increasing incidents of Western interference in the war on behalf of Ukraine. Following his victory in the March presidential election, Putin warned such interference could spark a third world war.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".