Originally Posted by Greyghost

Somewhere along the line I must have missed the news about U.S. M1150 ABV's being delivered to Ukraine. It being assumed that at least a few were delivered along with the Abrams. These engineering vehicles are the tops in mine clearing ability. Bangalore Torpedo's be damned. This thing will fire off 300 to 450 feet of rope like det cord except it contains 1,700 pounds of explosive. I've never seen one though I guess they were used in Afghanistan and have been in service for some 13 or 14 years. Ukraine is only the second nation to use them behind the U.S.

Link

Phil

Ukraine has been using the M58 Mine Clearing Line Charge or MICLIC for some time now. it can be mounted on a Hummer, trailer, Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Tanks and more. it has 300 feet or 100 yards mine charge. it was good, but the russkies now use 300 yards for their mines. engineers are probably work on a rocket and the line charge to take out 350 yards.

Last edited by tdoyka; 12/27/23.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".