Originally Posted by tdoyka
Ukraine will win. either by modern war or by guerrilla tactics. Ukrainians are going to bleed Russkies dry.

It really depends on how you define a Ukrainian “win”. If a “win” means that Ukraine retains 100% of their territory, the territory they had before the war began in 2014, then I’d say that is extremely optimistic and completely out of the realm of reality. I don’t see any way of them getting back Odessa, Crimea or the Donbass region but one can always hope.

I do agree with you in that I think that once the “special military operation” ends and some type of “peace agreement” is signed that’s when the guerrilla war begins. I see the Ukrainians mounting a bloody and endless guerrilla war. Modern armies struggle badly fighting unconventional warfare. Our military has accumulated extensive hard won lessons in guerrilla warfare and are the foremost experts in combating guerrilla tactics but it’s still an endlessly frustrating and often bloody ordeal. I really don’t think Russia will be as delicate when they’re faced with IEDs and guerrilla tactics, Russia will just level a neighborhood if they start getting much resistance there. They’re not worried about civilians or collateral damage….in fact I suspect that the Russians prefer collateral damage if they’re trying to establish the rule of fear.

Ukraine will bleed Russia through the guerrilla war they mount but it most certainly will NOT be a 1 sided fight. Russia will extract a heavy price for every one of their soldiers killed. The Russians, and by extension the Ukrainians as well, are a brutal race of blood feuds and generational hatred all rolled up into a big ball of track suit wearing, vodka drinking, sexual assault loving “Caucus-Asians”. I’ve never been a fan of Russians and I’ve never met one that I thought was worth a damn, even the “good ones” aren’t so good and as I’ve said a dozen times before, there ain’t a thimble’s worth of difference between the two.

What does a Ukrainian “victory” look like to you tdoyka or John Burns? Retention of ALL their territory? Pushing Russia out of everywhere except the territory that they’ve captured and held? There’s a lot of potential ways this ends and with the amount of KIA and MIA that Ukraine has suffered just about all of them could be considered a victory.

The one real victory though is the one Russia accomplished with BRICS. While we’re busy slapping sanctions on Russia they’re working on a way around the Petro dollar. The USA is the clear loser in this situation and I fear history will show that THIS, BRICS, was the beginning of the end of American hegemony. This has me very concerned for the future.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~