Originally Posted by Jeff_O
We're good shoes with all that walking, warmutt. Late last summer I'd been walking/hiking my foo' head off all year prepping for a backpack hunt... went on a 5-miler with my wife, wore stupid shoes, and set off plantar fascites in one foot that I'm STILL dealing with... my backpack hunt turned into car-camping and limping around within a mile or less of the rig like every other slob out there... anyway, WEAR GOOD SHOES! smile

Amen to that JeffO! I've got really flat feet that resemble a ducks foot with more toes. My job has me walking on hard floors for ten hours at a time. Some mornings after a rough shift I can hardly walk when I first get out of bed my paws are so cramped up. This Winter I bought a pair of Meindl Fit IQ's. Easily the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. They formed perfectly to my flippers and I can walk all day in them and my feet don't hurt.

I had just learned to live with the pain and told myself that I need to learn how to suck it up and drive on. The difference with having good gear is staggering!