Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Of course some [bleep] just backpack up and shoot two cows opening day and are done with it. whistle grin

That sounds so easy when you say it like that. But those would be two guys who worked out all summer to be able to backpack up into a spot where no one else goes, and then pack the meat out! And chase off a couple bears in the process.

While most people hunt back by the road and complain about "no elk." IMO, that's the best reason to work out--to have the "gumption" to pack animals out of spots most people don't want to. "Cause that's invariably where the elk will be.

Yep!

I brought in a small blue tarp to bone out my deer on last fall... I liked that. More room to work than plastic bags and sturdier. Agree-- don't pack out bones! First quarter I ever got stuck with was someone else's elk rear quarter with the bone still in. That was not a fun 5 miles.

Depending on the weather, and maybe altitude, hornets can be a sumbitch during the meat-prep. I killed a raghorn on a sunny warm day and I about got eaten alive by yellowjackets. I would throw all effluvium as far from the kill site as I could to pull them away from me but they just kept coming in waves... haha...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!