Did lower body/core today. Didn't get to it yesterday, I was busy managing a blind dog triathlon. Our 12 year-old golden retriever went blind on Saturday. He lost one eye to glaucoma two years ago, and his other eye went on Saturday in the matter of two hours. I took him out in the morning and we did our regular 3-mile walk, he was flushing pheasants and chasing deer. Two hours later he was walking into walls. Took him to the vet and the pressure in his eye was off the chart, and the optic nerve was fried.

He loves to swim so I've been taking him to his favorite spot at the lake. Last night he swam for about an hour, probably close to a mile. Then I took him to our neighborhood park because it's flat and grassy with not much to run into. We did a quick half-mile loop and he was enjoying it. We ran into 4-5 people with dogs and he was the only one well-behaved enough to be off-leash. Found his way around pretty good, he's only been blind for a few days. We got back to the truck, I had backed it up to a little slope so the tailgate was only 16-18 inches off the ground. I was getting ready to lift him up and put him in when he sniffed the tailgate, gathered himself, and jumped on in with no help, just like he did when he could see.

Hell of a dog.

A wise man is frequently humbled.