Originally Posted by tddeangelo
I have an MTB that's not far from that situation. And it's too small for me now that I know what a bike should fit like.

I'd like to get a new one, but.....well.....other things get priority usually for spare funds. For now.

I'm not even sure I want one! I guess could be fun on gated-off logging roads, but no more single-track for me on a MTB... too much risk of head injury.

Sounds like our situation is similar. Short story, bought a Trek late 80's, broke the frame in Moab, and decided to go down a frame size with the warranty replacement, which was nice at the time for some of the stupid downhills we were doing ('nad clearance!) but as you say, now that I've banked a ton of miles on a bike that FITS me, this old thing is basically FUBAR... I think the glaring thing to do first is a seatpost with more setback. I took it for a casual spin this afternoon and could instantly tell, this thing wants to [bleep] up my knees, haha...

HiredGun, yeah, I wrote that on my pedal wrench many years ago! smile These aren't factory pedals, in fact I put them on there.... in the 90's..... wish I'd put some grease on the threads, though.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!