For years now have tracked my rough daily calorie consumption on My Fitness Pal. On doing so with the Intermittent Fasting I have found my carbohydrates are now usually around 80/day vs the 200/day previously. I'm guessing it has changed my eating more towards the ketogenic diet. I have always been big on milk and bread, but have eliminated milk and cut back large on the bread. Now if I can get some good French bread, I'm going for it. That in the plastic wrap someone else can have.

"3. Have more energy

You know the scenario: You grab that sugary, caffeinated pick-me-up, you feel great for about 30 minutes, and then, bam… You want to lay your head on your desk and pray 5 p.m. rolls around soon. A high-carbohydrate diet spins your energy all over the place, and that blood sugar roller coaster crashes really hard. But a ketogenic diet steadies blood sugar levels, providing slow, sustained all-day energy so you're focused, energized, and fulfilled. Research has shown that mitochondria—those little power plants within your cells—actually prefer ketones as fuel. Ketones significantly decrease free radical damage, protecting your mitochondria. Ketones can even help create new mitochondria, optimizing energy levels in the bargain."

I do cheat some in the AM. I have a mixed Whey Protein drink which is around 90 calories and a Branched Chain Amino Acid mix which is 5 calories. This gives me an AM start on 5 glasses of water. Knee and back inflammation levels also seem to have improved.

Addition: Total daily calories have also decreased. The stomach must have downsized and you eat less to fill up.

Last edited by battue; 06/18/17.

laissez les bons temps rouler