Originally Posted by tddeangelo
I'm there on the bike. I have a 2013 Specialized Roubaix (carbon frame). Tiagra gear on it, but it handles the hills here ok. Can't spin every hill I hit, but close enough that I can stand up and gut out whatever is super steep. Only a few spots like that.

Eventually I want to change it out to 105 or Ultegra gear. Just a matter of freeing up cash that I don't want to use for something else instead. smile

Generally for a ride around home, I'll get about 1000' of climbing (unless I target hills, then I've racked up over 2000') and average in the 160's for HR for the entire ride.

Since I have deadlifts on the agenda today, I likely won't run or ride, but since my daughter has her dance class tonight, I'll probably through some weight plates into my Eberlestock and take a walk while she's in class (about an hour). I can put my 10's (I have 4 total) in the pack pretty easy and spend an hour walking the hills in town (there's a couple decent ones) while she's in dance class. I'll lift before we go, then take a walk while she's in class.

Nice. I also ride a Spec Roubaix- 2014 or '15 Expert w/ SL4 frameset. It was a splurge but as an investment in my health, completely rational, unlike other splurges I've done in my life. smile Love that bike.

My first road bike had Tiagra and it was fine. My spare/travel bike has 105 and it's fine too. Ultegra is lighter and has a very nice, light touch to the controls but Tiagra and 105 are functionally just fine. Well... Ultegra brakes are a notch above.

What are you using for pedals? I've gone Speedplay for the float.. easier on my knees.

My main route is 27 miles, starts and returns to my place, and is like a map to the biggest local hills <grin>. I flat love climbing. 27 miles is just before my contact points start to get uncomfortable, which happens around 30-35 miles... though I'd be suffering if I did 27 flat miles where I couldn't get up out of the saddle.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!