Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Some people might say, "Well,...lightning struck a mud puddle and it caused the first one celled life form to exist."

Well,...okay,....that's a bit hard to digest all by itself. Lighting strikes stuff all the time. But I've never heard anybody say that it creates even an extremely primitive life form when it does so. Lightning struck a tree next door a while ago. Not the first tadpole turned up as a result of it.

But anyway,...what force caused that original one celled live form to turn into a Peacock,...let alone a human being.

Humans attempt to explain the unexplainable with science.

Science has its place. But it resorts to bullshit when it attempts to explain the origin of even extremely basic life forms.

It doesn't even try to explain how a lump of meat produces consciousness.

B, I will be the first to admit: We really do not know how life originated on this planet. Or for that matter the origin of the Universe.

What we do have is a few people who have written theories which explain how they think it MIGHT have happened.

But we do have a pretty good understanding of the last several hundred million years. And a very good understanding of the last 66 million years since almost all terrestrial life became extinct on this planet.

Can you explain how those surviving mouse like mammals became the varied and enormous class we know today as mammalia, including human kind.

No. I can't explain how a rock turned into a mouse.

Maybe lightning struck and caused Mickey and Minnie to pop up out of a mud puddle.

Chemistry involves far more than 'rocks.'