Antlers,

Interpret how you want, but when Paul said by all means possible I don't believe he meant depart from scripture. I'm sure I can turn up plenty of Paul's writings that stress the importance of scripture.

Again, without scripture, how do we discern? Who is the authority?

Jesus himself said that whoever will not accept you, shake the dust from your feet when leaving their home. He failed to mention "winning" techniques. Many of Jesus interactions were quite opposite of "winning". Jesus told the anxious young rich man who seemed thirsty to be a disciple to sale all his possessions and follow him. To this the man dropped his head and moped away. Not a very "winning" answer from Jesus.

Again, I see the decline of "Christianity" (as loosely defined in this thread) a good thing, most are frauds. Satan is the master of deception. Its evident you aren't on the right path in the strip club drunk as Cooter Brown while your wife and kids are back at home.

Straight from the mouth of Jesus:

"On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers'"