Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by antlers
Regarding Salvation by Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Jesus alone:

I absolutely and unequivocally believe that God loves us and forgives us and saves us...not because of who we are or because of anything we do...but because of what Jesus did on the cross. Period. Our best efforts would never be good enough to ‘earn’ salvation. To me, we are not saved by obeying a list of do’s and don’t’s, or a list of rules and regulations (old covenant), like not eating certain foods, or not crossbreeding livestock…but by God’s grace alone, through faith in Jesus alone...and not at all by our own efforts or works or anything else.
We have to make the decision to accept Christ's offer. After that, we must cooperate by doing His will. He will give us the strength to do those things through grace.
That’s where you and I differ on this matter. I trust that Jesus’ sacrifice was fully sufficient for one’s salvation. Period. I have confidence in it. We can’t ‘add to’ what Jesus already did by observing a sacrament or by doing good works.
You missed one of my previous posts. Your assertion doesn't stand up to even the most minimal scrutiny.

Originally Posted by Tyrone
We can be closer to God by building up (working on) treasurer in Heaven while we are on Earth Matthew 6:19-21.

2 Corinthians 7:1
Hebrews 7:19
Hebrews 12:1
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
2 Timothy 4:7
Philippians 3:13-14
Philippians 4:13
Matthew 24:13
Psalm 60:12
Philippians 2:16

I could go on & on all day, but you get the idea.
Is your problem that you think we are all the same? That we all are of the same merit? That's not very humble, and I think it goes in face of all of our experiences meeting people who are superior to us in some way. Just as some people are better athletes than myself, I also recognize being in the presence of someone holier than myself. Don't give me the "filthy rags" bunk argument from Isaiah 64:6 and leave out the rest of Isaiah 64, especially verse 5 (which tells you who he is talking about) or verse 8 which supports my argument even further that we are to surrender ourselves to the Lord's will by accepting His will and...and doing His bidding.

Politics is War by Other Means