Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by IZH27
Why is it that creeds, confessions, catechisms are so demonized.

Would someone who thinks that they are evil break down something like the Apostles Creed and demonstrate where it deviates from Biblical doctrine?

The BullSchmitt pious phrase “No Creed but Christ” is by definition a creed.
Well, it is sort of a mindless chant. In Matthew 6:7 Jesus was against chanting.

Catholics and for that matter Methodists can take that repetitious stuff too far. I once worked with a Catholic lady that was going through some emotional distress because of an unplanned pregnancy outside of marriage. She would get in the truck and play a tape of some kind of hail Mary mother of God chant over and over and pull on some beads. I told her it was no wonder so much bad stuff was going on in the world because she was keeping God tied up listening to her.

That’s totally different from what I’m talking about. Hail Mary’s are a different thing. Have you read the Apostles Creed?
Yes, I've read it. It is somewhat trinitarian but not explicitly. I do not believe in the holy catholic church, and I am not going to comment on the virgin birth. Anyway I don't have much opinion on it except it was promulgated after the Christian church was off down the wrong road of being an arm of the state and therefore probably some sort of loyalty oath designed to trap "heretics".

The more that I read your posts the more that I wonder why you post on the religious/ Christian threads. What are hoping or trying to accomplish?