Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by DBT
Nobody argues over the existence of the sun, moon, stars, oceans, rivers, plants, animals, etc, yet debates over things supernatural are endless .....now, I wonder why that is? wink
I think that is because Atheists, Agnostics, and Believers in a super natural power have no real explanation of where all this matter and energy originated other than we now know there was a beginning eons ago and there is no rational explanation other than a super natural power.

Everything you mentioned can be seen and in some cases touched. But I can't get a satisfactory explanation of how it is possible for everything in the universe to be pulled into a tiny bit of matter smaller than an atom and then in a great cataclysmic explosion create the seemingly endless universe that we can see only a small part of. On top of that I would have to believe even in billions of years life as we know it evolved to where it is now. I can believe in adaptive evolution but I'm not up to believing a fungus, a virus, a one cell organism eventually became a tree, a cow, or a man.I can believe the human/[bleep] common ancestor or the various equine species common origin but not the amoeba to fish to man theory.

So I would guess most people harbor a belief in the supernatural, and as to this thread I personally believe the supernatural power of the universe sent his messenger Jesus just as he sent the previous prophets and messengers that were never well received.

There is a lot I don't understand and I certainly can't quite get a God with the power to stop it allowing mankind to run amok but it will all make sense by and by.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”