Originally Posted by IZH27
In Corinthians Paul goes into depth teaching us that if Christ isn’t raised from the dead all that we do pertaining to our faith is useless and in vain.
yep
Originally Posted by IZH27
He reminded those believers that he had made it his purpose to know/teach nothing other than Christ and Christ crucified when he spent time with them. Unfortunately, that message isn’t taught in modern Christian churches. In my mind this is another if not the primary issue which would lead to correcting all of the other problems in the church were it preached.
yep

To me, the approach should be that the faith is tethered to the event…like it was for the earliest Christians…that launched the movement (Jesus’ ekklesia) that brought us the Bible. To me, an approach that argues from and anchors to the event of the resurrection rather than to the authority of the Bible makes much more sense, and is much more effective; it’s what the earliest Christians did.

I think driving that fact home is important to not only reaching the next generation of Jesus’ followers, but re-reaching the current generation of Jesus’ followers as well.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.