Originally Posted by IZH27
Behold. Your new and improved New Testament.

Matthew
Mark
Hebrews
James
Jude
I like Revelation by John the Elder. It doesn't disagree with Jesus. It acknowledges the primacy of Israel, and right off the bat in chapter 2 it commends Ephesus for giving the false apostles the boot which Paul also recounts in 2nd Timothy 1:15 "that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me".

I actually like all 4 gospels, but John was obviously promoting an agenda at times that is missing from the other 3.

The original bible called the Old Testament had been around too long to suffer redactions and additions and it was endorsed by Jesus in the most reliable of the 4 gospels.

I don't think John was a liar. He did take the liberty of injecting his opinions without the disclaimer that they were opinions.

Paul did write some obvious truths but that is exactly what a perjurer would do. You can bet that the Romans desperately wanted to plant an agent into the Christian movement which they and their high ranking Jewish allies deemed seditious. It was very obvious that Paul was important to them when he was put into protective custody and eventually spirited away to Rome where he finally may have met his match when Nero the nut case emperor took over. But in reality we don't know what eventually happened to him.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."