Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Is this cherry-picking?.....
Isaiah 45:7 ....I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

No, no it's not. It's no cherry and it comes straight from your bible, and is there for all to read. Denial of it is part of cherry picking (ie ignore the bad, pick the good). Your god created evil - it's his deliberate mess that he's willing to send you to hell for - what a champ, and you want to worship him even though you have to force yourself to believe it all.

There are more quotes to choose from so why did you pick that one? Why did not you choose one of these?.....

The One forming light and creating darkness, Causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the LORD who does all these.
- New American Standard Version (1995)

I am the giver of light and the maker of the dark; causing blessing, and sending troubles; I am the Lord, who does all these things.
- Basic English Bible

I form the light, and create darkness. I make peace, and create calamity. I am Yahweh, who does all these things.
- World English Bible

Forming light, and preparing darkness, Making peace, and preparing evil, I [am] Jehovah, doing all these things.'
- Youngs Literal Bible

Mine was the King James version - you saying it's wrong? Or do you just prefer the watered down versions? There's plenty of other horror stories in any and all versions.

I am not saying you are wrong...I am saying for the 10th time...that over the centuries words and meanings have changed...

Well there you go. How do you know then what any of it means? It's a pretty useless instruction manual if you know it isn't written as it was supposed to be. That means it's all just extreme cherry picking where you assign whatever meaning you would like.

You could probably write to King James and tell them to change their version because you don't like it.

No, I do not know exactly what the various scriptures say and neither do you...but I have Faith and you do not...so what...you do you and I do me....just like antlers stated above, quote, "the ancients try to put together an accurate and reliable description of what happened. But very rarely do we have anyone in all of ancient history who actually lived during the time of the person and the events that they wrote about…like we have with the separate and individual authors of the separate and individual books that comprise the New Testament."

And again, like antlers said so eloquently, The answer is simple, because something extraordinary happened. Something extraordinary that had implications for all future generations. Something extraordinary and good had happened on behalf of not just the people in Judea, but on behalf of all of the people in all of the whole world. From then on.

I have faith.

Last edited by Raspy; 11/03/22. Reason: spelling

Illegitimi non carborundum