Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
[quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=Raspy][quote=mauserand9mm][quote=CCCC][quote=mauserand9mm]

I believe we are saying the same thing....I look at it like the below paper from 40 years ago....

Evidence will never be 100% — there’s always the chance that everything you think you know turns out to be false — but the evidence allows you to make current-best-evidence-guesses….We can build up piles and piles of evidence for ideas. When the pile reaches a certain height, it behooves us to begin to take it rather seriously. That is, until someone removes a critical piece from the bottom of the pile, and the entire edifice comes crashing down.

***Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a fact or statement.***

It'd be best to shred that paper - it's wrong.

Surely you jest...is that all?

I shit you not. Losing that paper will be a good start for you. Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid. Simple as that. Theists don't understand these real world concepts.

Atheist don't understand what Christian faith is all about.....Ha.....I shit you not too....Evidence is the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition will hopefully lead one to the truth....

Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts...
2. Proof is conclusive; evidence is not necessarily conclusive.
3. Evidence and proof are closely related.
4. Proof comes from evidence....we gather evidence to help prove something.
5. No one can “prove” that God the Bible or any other ultimate tenet of religious faith is TRUE.
6. Evidence only LEADS one in the DIRECTION of a fact or statement." Evidence is what I HOPE is true, I guess that the HOPE Christians have, is called FAITH.....REMEMBER, NOT MAUSER PROOF!

Like they say, you can lead a theist to logic but you can't make them think it. Evidence is proof. Sounds like you want your hopes to have more credibility so you have to butcher definitions to do that ie mental masturbation.

That is your mental masturbated atheistic opinion....here is mine...AGAIN....Evidence will never be 100% — there’s always the chance that everything you think you know turns out to be false — but the evidence allows you to make current-best-evidence-guesses….We can build up piles and piles of evidence for ideas. When the pile reaches a certain height, it behooves us to begin to take it rather seriously. That is, until someone removes a critical piece from the bottom of the pile, and the entire edifice comes crashing down.
Proof is the final verdict that removes all doubts whereas evidence only leads one in the direction of a fact or statement....and I'm not going to tear it up.

It's clear that you'll never understand. Just continue and try the best you can.

Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?