Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Raspy
Originally Posted by DBT
Theists tend to lack conviction in the existence of any and every version of God (or gods) other than their own. All are atheists with just one version of god removed.

Wrong....I believe in God the Bible....if another person only believes in, for example, Spinoza's version.....good for him...I have no qualms with that...

So, do you believe that Spinoza was right about the nature of God? I wasn't talking about respecting what he or others believe. I respect your right to believe, but do not share it.

The point was that there are different versions of the idea of God, which are not compatible.

You may respect Spinoza's belief, yet not accept his version of God. Which means that you don't believe in his version of God. The same goes for Hindus, Muslims, etc, you may respect their belief, but not accept their theology.

Maybe we should start calling you "twister" and not a bot/troll... because you twist people's words into a vegetable salad of words.... I'll say it again, but this time you should read slowly....you originally said...>>>Theists tend to lack conviction in the existence of any and every version of God (or gods) other than their own. All are atheists with just one version of god removed.<<<

And I replied....>>>Wrong....I believe in God the Bible....if another person only believes in, for example, Spinoza's version.....good for him...I have no qualms with that...<<<

When I stated I have no qualms with that, maybe it would be clearer to you if I added let him/her believe what they want and do not ridicule them.

Illegitimi non carborundum